The engine is the heart of a car, so when troubles begin to arise, repair is needed quickly in order to keep your car running. Some repairs are easy, like annual oil changes, while others are more complicated. Taking your car in to a professional auto shop to diagnose the issue and tell you how to fix it is recommended. Getting a regular oil change can prevent you from needing engine repair in Pennington, NJ. If you do need engine repair in , NJ, call European Plus Inc. at (609) 737-7226 today.
Signs of Engine Trouble
- If your car sputters when driving, this is a sign of engine failure. Test for sensors and spark plugs to rule out those problems.
- Stalling is when your car completely stops, or dies, when you are driving or at rest at a stoplight or stop sign. Come into a repair shop immediately as this is dangerous if your car suddenly stalls when you are in the middle of a busy road.
- If you hear banging or knocking under your hood, your engine bearings have worn down.
- No fluids should ever be leaking from your car. Identifying the color will tell you where the leak is coming from.
- If your check engine light comes on, there is something wrong deeper within the circuitry of your car that only a diagnostics test can discover.
- Going way over the recommended 5,000 oil change tune up can have serious consequences on your vehicle. Oil keeps your engine gears lubricated and prevents them from wearing down and rubbing against each other.
- Excessive exhaust from your car is a sign your engine is working overdrive, wearing itself down and out faster than needed.